Last month I finally added borders and completed the top. It's been sitting way too long and I had several ideas in mind for borders over the last year, but chose to do scrappy diamonds. I thought it worked well with the scrappy style of the rest of the quilt. It was challenging to get it all together, but I am really pleased with the end result. Now I just need to decide how to quilt it!
(no pattern available)
Here is a close up of one border. . .
And here is a little tabletopper I made with the leftovers from the border strips. . .
The floral border is a piece of some really old curtain fabric that I think was my mother's from an old house. It was just enough and the colors worked, so it's one less piece of fabric I am holding onto for "someday!"
I have just now gotten around to loading my photos from the AQS Daytona Show. I will get them organized and post those as soon as I can. The show was really very good and it was so inspiring to see some of the amazingly beautiful quilts by the "Who's Who" in the show quilt world. There is so much talent and creativity by so many extremely talented women out there.
Until next time, Happy Quilting!